Chipmunks is a well established day nursery offering flexible care for your child in a wonderful environment. Set within lovely grounds, the nursery prides itself on its ample space, both indoors and out, and its unrelenting desire to provide a stimulating and safe environment for all.
What do we offer?
- Small and friendly nursery
- Qualified, experienced staff
- Stimulating and safe environment
- Nature garden with bug hotel
- Potting shed and vegetable patch, so we can learn how to grow and harvest healthy nutritious food.
- large garden with rustic outdoor play equipment. Our very own mini adventure trail, sensory planting and a large patio area for bikes and trikes (what ever the weather!). Summer picnics, charity fundraising days and paddling pools for warm weather water play.
- We take a “Five to Thrive” approach, working with parents to help each child to grow personally, socially and emotionally.
- Electronic Learning Journeys, which parents can access and contribute to from home.
- Large hall for physical play, music and dance and for sociable mealtimes together.
- Our very own cook to cater for all cultural and dietary needs, home-cooked meals and morning and afternoon snacks to keep active little people going throughout the day. We are a “Smiles Better” nursery, promoting healthy eating and oral health.
- Church visits throughout the year, celebrating Christmas, Easter and Harvest Festival. We help children appreciate and develop a respect for their own and other cultures.
Children are divided into groups by age, although there are opportunities throughout the week for the age groups to mix:
The “Ducks and Ducklings” are our under two babies and toddlers, the “Cygnets” are aged two to three years and the “Swans” are our Pre-school children.
Our curriculum is based on the philosophy that “only happy children learn” therefore we look at what the child can do and then plan activities for them personally as well as for the whole group. Progress is continually monitored through observation and assessment and all our activities, child led or adult led, have a learning value to the baby or child.
Although we follow strictly the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and curriculum, it is our belief that successful personal, social and emotional development is critical for the very young in all aspects of their lives and this gives them the best opportunity for success in all other areas of learning. We aim to provide an environment in which every child feels safe and secure and in which they feel valued and cared for.
Our aim? To nurture and bring out the best in every child.
Do visit us – we would love to show you around.